View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 09:42 PM   #12
charla
Moderator in Cookbook and Empty Arms

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Kitten - help with discipline

I realized I never came back to this.

Cat tree - she loves it! (I don't love it, but I'll learn to live with it ) But redirecting her there when she is in crazy mode is really helpful.
Aluminum foil - she's not scared of it
Water misting - seems to be the most effective
Sleeping - she's been doing really well sleeping on her blanket on the couch on her own with our door shut and with minimal crying - she hasn't taken to her new bed very well yet but sleeps in there on occasion. But mostly she uses it as a chew toy. See below.

Biting - this seems to still be an issue. I'm starting to think it is more teething as she is around three months old. She started chewing on everything - her blanket, our fingers, our toes, our clothing, our couch, the carpet, her bed, etc. All I know to do is offer a chew toy which appeases for a minute, but I'm afraid for my couch and carpet and ottoman and clothing as I can't watch her every single second! I can replace her blanket and bed easy enough is she chews holes in it but the rest? Any ideas?
the ballerina, Hope Elizabeth, 15, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel,
Grace Anna, Andrew David
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote