Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 08-31-2021, 10:15 PM   #1
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute
Talking September Dinners

New month...new thread
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mummy2boys For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (09-02-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 10:20 PM   #2
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: September Dinners

Tonight was just me and the girls so I made pasta because I didn't want to deal with complaints.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:51 AM   #3
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Asian salad and some froz asian things.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:48 AM   #4
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Technically, these were still August

Sunday - cheese enchiladas, Spanish rice, refried beans (homemade from my freezer stash!), and key lime pie for Paw Paw's birthday

Monday- baked chicken thighs - these were SO GOOD - I coated bone in skin on chicken thighs with olive oil, sprinkled with garlic salt, italian seasoning, and paprika, and baked at 400-425 for almost an hour on a cookie sheet - I roasted brocoli and cauliflower to go with it. I've read recently that the secret to moist baked chicken is high heat for shorter times.

Tues- I did chicken again because I took a meal to someone. I used this recipe For Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breasts:

https://www.primaverakitchen.com/gar...breast/#recipe

Made Veggie Rice in the IP (this is our favorite rice now and a perfect way to use up leftover veggie odds and ends)

Pro tip for bookmarking recipes: Bookmark the page it goes to when you hit print recipe. Then you don't have to wait for an ad-filled page to load next time. The print version of the one above: https://www.primaverakitchen.com/wprm_print/28120/
knitlove (09-01-2021), Reva (09-03-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 07:34 AM   #5
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Monday I made a new recipe called lemon ricotta pasta with spinach. It was really yummy! Last night I made cheese enchiladas and a new recipe for Mexican rice and it was really good, too. Tonight I'm planning Greek meatballs, baked potatoes with whipped feta, green beans, and Greek salad.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:07 PM   #6
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

DH is making garlic-rosemary sous vide lamb in the IP.

I've got green beans and kale chips ready to roast in the oven. I should do potatoes, too.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:42 AM   #7
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Started a whole 30 with dh yesterday. Haven’t done the necessary planning so winged it yesterday. Did lemon-garlic chicken with roasted potatoes and Brussels sprouts.

This morning I’ll do more planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
knitlove (09-02-2021), MudPies (09-05-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 09:48 AM   #8
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Out of leftovers and thur are exceptional busy. . . those fresh pizzas from the grocery (had dh pick up when he went for produce and milk).
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
Old 09-02-2021, 11:32 AM   #9
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Ugggh. Our fridge died. I had to toss most of what was in it.

The freezer is fine, so I have that. And a well-stocked pantry. And a little bit of produce coming from the garden. I'm thinking chili tonight.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 02:40 AM   #10
Reva
Rose Trellis

Reva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond repute

9/1-we had grilled chicken salads
9/2 (last night) we had meatball subs (made with ground turkey) and potato salad
Forever missing my sweet R (HLHS) and the baby we never got to meet.
Reva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 02:43 AM   #11
twoplustwo

either rice with orange shrimp and chicken sausage for the boy who doesn't eat shrimp OR burritos. And then whichever is the next meal - porbably Sunday. Inlaws taking us to lunch tom and then ds has 2 games and then is guest playing in a 3rd so may not have time to cook.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Old 09-03-2021, 02:17 PM   #12
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
Ugggh. Our fridge died. I had to toss most of what was in it.

The freezer is fine, so I have that. And a well-stocked pantry. And a little bit of produce coming from the garden. I'm thinking chili tonight.
So sorry to hear this! It is hard to get good prices on appliances, and find them in stock.

I am just now planning my meals for September.
Tonight is just pizza and ice cream.

I am trying to plan more meat/veggie/whole food starch meals this month and less one pot meals.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #13
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Last night was beef & broccoli

Tonight I’m not sure yet. Probably something with chicken. Maybe big salads with grilled chicken breast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #14
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Today is chicken/vegetable soup. It’s super hot outside so not really soup weather but I’m trying to make something that will be easy on my stomach. I’m making a big pot so I can eat it tomorrow too.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 03:37 PM   #15
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Tacos tonight.