Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Salt lamps for sinus trouble

http://www.thebhaktihouse.com/Halite...mall-HMLSM.htm

Does anyone know anything about these? They sell them at the craft show we are going to on Sunday and I was planning to buy one for dd, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience with them.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
zak (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salt lamps for sinus trouble

My mother has the big ones and I have some luminaries. They seem to work really well. Mine get rid of the smell of my neighbors cigar smoke and other bad smells in the summer. Ivy has a cold and as long as I leave the big light on for her at night, she does not wake herself coughing. When I come back home,I will be getting them for every room in my house.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

I have always wanted one of these. Dh has chronic sinus stuff. I love to have an excuse to get one .

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allisonintx For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Punkie
Administrator

Punkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond repute

We have them and like them. I'm not sure if there is any truth to the therapeutic claims, but they're nice.

If you have access to anyone with a Frontier wholesale account or a local Frontier co-op, you can get them for about half of that price. That size is around $26, and they regularly run sales where they knock off another 20% or so.

Homeschooling mom to 4, certified herbalist, homesteader, and overly ambitious crafter
Punkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Punkie For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (02-28-2013), zak (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

They often have them at kirklands or even Walgreens for 19.99

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allisonintx For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Punkie
Administrator

Punkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. I've also seen them at Tuesday Morning and Big Lots for deep discounts.

Homeschooling mom to 4, certified herbalist, homesteader, and overly ambitious crafter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Punkie For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (02-28-2013), zak (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
OneLove
Rose Bouquet

OneLove is a glorious beacon of lightOneLove is a glorious beacon of lightOneLove is a glorious beacon of lightOneLove is a glorious beacon of lightOneLove is a glorious beacon of lightOneLove is a glorious beacon of light

I've always wanted to try them out. Thanks for the ideas on where to find them cheap

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
OneLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #8
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

the craft show is the only place I've ever seen them! Maybe I need to do some shopping before Sunday and save some money.

I'm on full scale 'must keep allergy and ashma issues at bay' mode. I took ds to the er last week because he was having trouble breathing - turns out I was right and it was more 'croup' than ashma, but trouble breathing is scary - and it cost $430 after insurance. That was for one hour in the room, a dose of steriods and a breathing treatment. It was a cold night, probably the best thing for him was getting out in the cold air - just the trip from the house to the car made a big difference. First priority is them not suffering, but eliminating the cost of an er visit is right up there.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
We have them and like them. I'm not sure if there is any truth to the therapeutic claims, but they're nice.

If you have access to anyone with a Frontier wholesale account or a local Frontier co-op, you can get them for about half of that price. That size is around $26, and they regularly run sales where they knock off another 20% or so.
I looked up Frontier wholesale but everything lead to the coop. How does that work? Can you not buy direct?

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
Punkie
Administrator

You can't buy direct and get the wholesale pricing. I think the membership to lead a coop or get a wholesale account (they're the same) is only $10 for a lifetime. I've had mine for years, though, so the price could've changed. They have great prices on organic dry goods and toiletries, so it is well worth it for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Punkie For This Useful Post: