Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Entrees / Main Dishes *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 01-21-2021, 07:14 AM   #1
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation
Default Go to recipes with Chicken breast!

So I know that I can't be alone in falling in to a mundane routine of the same few meals on repeat.... I love the monthly what's for dinner thread for ideas! But I was thinking it would be nice to have an entire thread dedicated to one specific ingredient and see what people's favourite go to meals are with that main ingredient.

I always have chicken breast on hand.... So share your favourite go to meals that you make with chicken breast and make my family happy with new things to try.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

I'll start.

Slow cooker cream cheese chicken tacquitos: https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/slo...cken-taquitos/ We do these regularly -- probably once a week. Total fave of the kids.

My other go to chicken breast meals are some sort of shredded chicken with sauce made in the Instant Pot and served over rice. So:

Chicken Curry
Creamy chicken over rice
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (01-25-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 08:19 AM   #2
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go to recipes with Chicken breast!

Oooh, good idea! I'm getting a little bored with what we have.

Skillet/Stovetop:

Chicken cutlets - I do variations, must frequently lemon, but it's sauteed chicken breasts finished with a pan sauce.

Stir-fry - my kids are particularly fond of chicken with broccoli and red pepper

Chicken Lazone

CrockPot/IP:

White chicken chili - we do a traditional broth-y version and also a creamy one from the THM cookbook

My kids adore several variations on Cheesy Chicken - it's eerily similar to your recipe above for the Taquito filling, but with Cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's - I love that stuff!), Buffalo, or Ranch w/bacon

Green Taco Chicken - honestly, this doesn't feel like cooking to me but my oldest makes the request every month or so. Two ingredients - chicken breasts and a jar of green salsa, 4 hours on low. (Any time I try to "muck around" with her dinner by adding fresh ingredients, tweaking the spices, or <gaso!> making my own green salsa, I get reprimanded. )
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-23-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 08:49 AM   #3
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I do stirfry or soup most often with chicken breasts.

My mom will grill up a tun ( like totally cover her large grill) of chicken breasts and then freeze them. She will pull them out to slice and toss on top of salid, pasta or pizza or even to make a sandwich out of

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-23-2021), ViolaMum (01-25-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 09:56 AM   #4
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I make something similar to green bean casserole but with chicken and cheese added. I usually use chicken thighs but today I had chicken breast on hand. I put chicken in a 9x13 baking pan, season with season salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning, mix a can of mushroom soup with either frozen peas or green beans, spread that on top of the chicken, and top with fried onions and shredded cheese. It goes in the oven at 350 or 400 depending on how fast I need it to cook and I bake it for 30 to 45 min.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-23-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 10:39 AM   #5
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Shredded bbq chicken (IP)
Chicken soft tacos (IP)
Lemon chicken with broccoli & potatoes

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-23-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 11:14 AM   #6
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Florentine
Chicken with Apple Gravy, Rice Pilaf and Green Beans
Chicken with Artichokes and Angel Hair
My fave that I made with shredded chicken breasts: Chicken Spaghetti
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-23-2021), Soliloquy (01-25-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 09:38 PM   #7
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post

Slow cooker cream cheese chicken tacquitos: https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/slo...cken-taquitos/ We do these regularly -- probably once a week. Total fave of the kids.

My family liked the other taquito recipe (chipotle) on that blog. I need to remember to make it again!

The current chicken breast favorite here is tortilla soup in the IP.
2sunshines (01-23-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 09:23 AM   #8
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:43 PM   #9
Atsirk
Rose Trellis

My sweet boy a few days after his 1st birthday!

Atsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond repute

Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole we make this one a lot!
Baby C born 12/19/18!
Atsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atsirk For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-26-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 06:55 PM   #10
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
I do stirfry or soup most often with chicken breasts.

My mom will grill up a tun ( like totally cover her large grill) of chicken breasts and then freeze them. She will pull them out to slice and toss on top of salid, pasta or pizza or even to make a sandwich out of

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I need to do that - grill (or otherwise cook!) a lot of chicken at once to have on hand. There are plenty of casseroles and the like that I shy away from on busy days because I don't have the time to cook chicken first. I know my older two would eat grilled chicken on salads.

Oh, how I wish my kids would eat soup! But...nope. They will eat chicken tomato bisque, if I sautee the chicken breast first so that it's got a crust. And occasionally they'll eat spinach soup. (Except Littlest, "I don't like 'pinach and I don't like soup!! On those nights I make popovers and Littlest fills up on them.)

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-26-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 07:12 PM   #11
MegMarch
Rose Garden

MegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post

CrockPot/IP:

White chicken chili - we do a traditional broth-y version and also a creamy one from the THM cookbook
Could you please share your chili recipe?

I love Penzey's Adobo blend on chicken (add salt!) to use in quesadillas or rice bowls.

Lemon pepper chicken and leftovers used in chicken noodle soup is so, so good.

Bite size pieces seasoned with some garlic salt and then finished with balsamic is a big hit with my oldest. I pull out some plain pieces for the little one.
MegMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MegMarch For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-26-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 08:25 PM   #12
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Here are two recipes for white chicken chili that everyone in my family loves.

https://carlsbadcravings.com/white-chicken-chili/ 30 minute version

https://carlsbadcravings.com/slow-co...-chili-recipe/ slow cooker version

(I've never gotten a dud recipe from this blogger.)

I make panang curry quite often. This recipe is truly, truly good. Tastes like it's from a fantastic Thai restaurant. I often use Thai red curry paste if I don't have panang curry paste and it's wonderful. The fresh basil leaves are key. My grocery store sells them in large quantities for a low price. I add fresh lime juice as I serve it. If I don't have limes, a few drops of lime essential oil work great.

https://carlsbadcravings.com/pantry-...-panang-curry/

I often tweak recipes to make them easier, less expensive, or based on what I have on hand. I've made all 3 of these recipes as is and with tweaks. If bell peppers are crazy expensive, I sub other vegetables or use frozen, sliced bell peppers.

Last edited by Soliloquy; 01-25-2021 at 08:30 PM.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-26-2021), MegMarch (01-26-2021), ViolaMum (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 05:28 PM   #13
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

My recipe is still a work in progress. Current incarnation is as follows:

Chicken Chili

1 lg onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced (I prefer red/orange/yellow. Green gets bitter)
2t chili powder
2t cumin
salt, to taste (or use 1 t of Tony Chachere's, omit the salt, and decrease the chili by half)
Chipotle pepper to taste (I use home smoked jalapenos, 1/4 t, which is typically spicier than commercial)
1/2 t dried cilantro
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 small can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 quart chicken broth
2-2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch pieces
1-2 cups soaked cannelini beans
1 10-12 oz package of riced cauliflower, optional

Sweat the onion and pepper in olive oil over med high heat until soft.
Bloom dry spices in the pot.
Add chicken, brown it
Add all other ingredients, bring to boil, reduce to simmer for 3 hours or so.
Garnish with fresh cilantro.

Alternatively, you can dump everything in the crock pot (4-6 hrs on low) or Instant Pot (30-35 minutes). In this case, I use a bag of frozen peppers and onions.

We have a more "green" version which subs out the fire-roasted tomatoes for jarred green salsa, uses fresh jalapeno instead of the smoked, and fresh cilantro. I usually leave out the cauliflower as well for the truly green version.

If you can eat dairy, this is good with shredded cheese and sour cream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
MegMarch (01-27-2021), Soliloquy (01-26-2021)