Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Beverages *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-23-2020, 04:00 PM   #16
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This whipped coffee fad

I can’t drink plain black coffee. Ick haha
I am currently looking for instant espresso to order...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
Lady Grey (04-23-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #17
MudPies
I support GCM!

My kiddos

MudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if you could make it in a blender or vitamix
Wink 3/10 Pink 12/10
and Tink 5/16
Remembering
MudPies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MudPies For This Useful Post:
Virginia (04-23-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #18
Virginia
Rose Garden

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudPies View Post

Hmmmmm I could definitely try that!!

DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Old 04-24-2020, 02:41 PM   #19
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nope. I just tried it. There's not much liquid - I wasn't sure it would contact the blades in the regular Vitamix jar, so I tried it in the individual smoothie cups and it was a no go. It gets somewhat frothy and thicker but not whipped and creamy.

On another note - have any of you seen the version with Nutella? It's just Nutella and whipping cream whipped and stirred into milk or coffee. (I have a nut-free version of Nutella sitting in my pantry. It might be calling out to me......)
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
MudPies (04-24-2020), Soliloquy (04-29-2020), The Tickle Momster (04-24-2020), Vicki_T (04-24-2020), Virginia (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #20
Virginia
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
Nope. I just tried it. There's not much liquid - I wasn't sure it would contact the blades in the regular Vitamix jar, so I tried it in the individual smoothie cups and it was a no go. It gets somewhat frothy and thicker but not whipped and creamy.

On another note - have any of you seen the version with Nutella? It's just Nutella and whipping cream whipped and stirred into milk or coffee. (I have a nut-free version of Nutella sitting in my pantry. It might be calling out to me......)

I have not. But I am adding Nutella to my shopping list!!

DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Old 04-24-2020, 04:10 PM   #21
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have not seen this! Might have to break my Nutella rule and get some. What are the ratios?

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #22
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster View Post
I have not seen this! Might have to break my Nutella rule and get some. What are the ratios?
One version calls for a spoonful of Nutella and 1/3 cup of whipping cream. Whip until fluffy and mix into iced milk.

Another keeps the ratios of the original Dalgona coffee (equal parts instant coffee, sugar, and water) and simply adds a spoonful Nutella at the end, right before mixing it into the milk.

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (04-24-2020), Vicki_T (04-24-2020), Virginia (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #23
Virginia
Rose Garden

Quote:
One version calls for a spoonful of Nutella and 1/3 cup of whipping cream. Whip until fluffy and mix into iced milk.

Another keeps the ratios of the original Dalgona coffee (equal parts instant coffee, sugar, and water) and simply adds a spoonful Nutella at the end, right before mixing it into the milk.

I am literally salivating right now. That sounds soooooo delicious

DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Old 04-24-2020, 06:42 PM   #24
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

We have been having it a lot. And I love it. It is my official lockdown drink.

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (04-24-2020), The Tickle Momster (04-24-2020), ViolaMum (04-25-2020), Virginia (04-24-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 06:26 AM   #25
MudPies
I support GCM!

My kiddos

MudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond repute

I tried it. It was ok. I think I need tips as I like the consistency. I used espresso. I used my mixer. I had to mix it all in with the milk as it was very strong.
Wink 3/10 Pink 12/10
and Tink 5/16
Remembering
MudPies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:33 AM   #26
Virginia
Rose Garden

Quote:
I tried it. It was ok. I think I need tips as I like the consistency. I used espresso. I used my mixer. I had to mix it all in with the milk as it was very strong.

That’s what I did too— mixed it with milk. I liked it that way. But I agree it was a little strong.

DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

The Following User Says Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
MudPies (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 08:35 AM   #27
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

We mix it into the milk as well.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
Virginia (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 12:13 PM   #28
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

I think that's the idea.

Next time I'm making it with half cocoa and half espresso powder.

The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
Virginia (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 12:21 PM   #29
MegMarch
Rose Garden

MegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond repute

This reminded me of a concoction I came up with last summer. Half unsweetened vanilla almond milk, half cold brew coffee, and a scoop of chocolate meal replacement powder from Garden of Life. Super power breakfast in a hurry when my toddler was almost 2 and I needed speed (edit to clarify - speedy breakfast, not the drug.)

Last edited by MegMarch; 04-25-2020 at 12:30 PM.
MegMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MegMarch For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (04-25-2020), Virginia (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 03:25 PM   #30
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegMarch View Post
This reminded me of a concoction I came up with last summer. Half unsweetened vanilla almond milk, half cold brew coffee, and a scoop of chocolate meal replacement powder from Garden of Life. Super power breakfast in a hurry when my toddler was almost 2 and I needed speed (edit to clarify - speedy breakfast, not the drug.)
I should try this with the chocolate whey protein powder that I have.