Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Beverages *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 01-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Weezie
Rose Garden

A sign of God's love...

Weezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help with tea!

I've recently discovered coffee makes my stomach ill

I like hot cocoa but it's too "thick" of a drink for me everyday if that makes sense.

I would like to drink tea. I've never LIKED tea. Help me wih some suggestions of teas. Here are some likes and dislikes.

Afa coffee, I HATE it anyway, but with skim milk and sugar it's palatable. I liked tolerated very mild, light coffee- mostly Green Mountain Breakfast Blend for my Keurig.

I don't like honey. I think it's a texture thing.

I doubt highly I would like chocolate tea of any kind. I have to be in the mood for chocolate, and I'm not currently.

So help with kinds you have had. And no fancy nancy kinds. I want a good kind I can buy at the local grocery store to try.

Peppermint- I like candy canes, but hate mint gum.

I like orange things.

Oh, and one more thing- I have a very sensitive nose, so if it even smells obnoxious strong to me, I probably will not like it before I even try it.

So who is brave enough to help a lost cause like me?
Beansie (8 yrs)
Trooper (toddling around)

The Boo and The Boy too
Daytime "second mother" to Cindy Lou Hoo and Petunia too
Currently DF and WF for trooper
Weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Domina
Rose Garden

Domina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with tea!

I suggest you try...

Twinings Lady Grey (has a light lemon flavor, needs no sweetening)

Bigelow Earl Grey (good straight, or with a little milk and/or sugar)

Bigelow Constant Comment (orange and spices)

Republic of Tea's Get Happy tea (herbal, with lemon and orange)

Tazo Chai (brew, then add milk as directed) - this is quite similar to a heavily lightened, sweetened coffee

Beaming mama to Sumo since 2010.
Addicted to , curry and my Kindle.

Martyrs make lousy lovers and party guests. ~ Michael Flocker
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Domina For This Useful Post:
cbmk4 (01-21-2012), Weezie (01-21-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Are you wanting hot or iced?

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
Weezie (01-21-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Weezie
Rose Garden

A sign of God's love...

Weezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmljll View Post
Are you wanting hot or iced?
I truly don't know. Both? Neither?
Beansie (8 yrs)
Trooper (toddling around)

The Boo and The Boy too
Daytime "second mother" to Cindy Lou Hoo and Petunia too
Currently DF and WF for trooper
Weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
cbmk4
Rose Garden

INTJ

cbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond repute

I love both coffee and tea. My current favorite is jasmine green tea. I do use honey in my tea, but once it quickly melts, I don't detect any texture differences.

Vanilla rooibos tea is another good one.

Mama to my four dear children ages 22, 19, (forever 13) and 10
cbmk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cbmk4 For This Useful Post:
Weezie (01-21-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Location: The Pacific South-West. You know, north of the Pacific North-West
Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

Celestial Seasonings' Bengal Spice Tea.

And for something totally different and quite tart and refreshing, Numi brand Dry Desert Lime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiara.I For This Useful Post:
Weezie (01-21-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
BarefootBetsy
Rose Garden

"You are on the path...exactly where you are meant to be."

BarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond repute

I love Bigelow's Earl Grey

Red teas are very nice too, like red rooibos. They are not at all the same as red raspberry leaf - totally different! So if you don't like RRL, you should still try some red tea. It's not caffeinated though, so if you're looking for caffeine, it won't help you there.

I like any tea with Lavender in it. I once tried some Earl Grey with lavender and it was amazing

Green teas are nice and mild - just don't let them brew too long or they can sometimes get bitter. That really goes for black teas also... the boxes should say how long to leave the tea bags in.

If I were you, I'd probably start with a sampler pack from Bigelow. The one with Earl Grey and Constant Comment (black tea with citrus-y flavoring). I don't remember which other types are in that box, but I know that I like all of them! Sampler packs are great, Bigelow tends to have mild tea, and it's easy to find (and not very pricey).

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any views or opinions presented in the above posts are solely those of BarefootBetsy, the GCM member, and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of anyone else in the entire world.
BarefootBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BarefootBetsy For This Useful Post:
Weezie (01-21-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

I like Bigelow teas too Sampler boxes are great because you can try different flavors without wasting money on a whole box of something you end up not liking.

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
Weezie (01-21-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
Macky
Deactivated

Macky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond repute

Established tea hater here... who suddenly flipped a switch and started drinking the stuff like mad out of the blue about a year or so ago.

Loved coffee until it started making me sick. Found out that organic coffees don't send me to the bathroom seventeen times; I feel fine drinking organic.

If you're a coffee drinker who doesn't like tea but wants to, start out with black teas. Green, red, herbal, etc. teas taste like water to a coffee drinker no matter how long you steep them (this coffee lover anyway).

Orange Pekoe is basic black tea; no, there is no orange flavouring. It's just plain tea... and it's great for a coffee drinker. Let it steep 10 to 15 minutes without disturbing the tea bag. Don't stir it. Don't squish it. Don't drag it up the side of the mug when you're fishing it out with a spoon. It'll be really nice and dark and you can doctor it up with a little sugar and milk.

Earl Grey is my fav with Scottish and Irish breakfast in a tie for third. I still hate non-black teas. They're just barely flavoured water to me.

Good luck!
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:
Weezie (01-21-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
Ellen
Deactivated

Ellen has a reputation beyond reputeEllen has a reputation beyond reputeEllen has a reputation beyond reputeEllen has a reputation beyond reputeEllen has a reputation beyond reputeEllen has a reputation beyond reputeEllen has a reputation beyond reputeEllen has a reputation beyond reputeEllen has a reputation beyond reputeEllen has a reputation beyond reputeEllen has a reputation beyond repute

For a rich flavor, try some chai tea! Good straight or with honey and milk.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ellen For This Useful Post:
Weezie (01-22-2012)