Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 10-29-2021, 12:59 AM   #91
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: October Dinners

I picked up tacos because I didn't feel like cooking.
Old 10-29-2021, 05:09 AM   #92
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Chickpea Butternut squash soup in the crockpot.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 06:37 AM   #93
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post

I'm stealing graciousmomma's idea and putting a roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery with some balsamic vinaigrette in the crockpot for tonight.
I want to put this on the menu for this week! Do you just put everything in the crockpot - root veggies at the bottom, chicken(?) on top, then balsamic vinegar - any stock?
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vicki_T For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 08:37 AM   #94
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

It's graciousmomma's idea, but I'll tell you what I did. I put a beef roast in the crockpot, added wedged onions, halved carrots, celery sticks, and halved peeled russet potatoes around the roast. I seasoned the roast and veggies with salt and pepper and then poured about a half a bottle of Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette on top. Cooked on low for about seven or so hours.

Here's what GM posted:

Quote:
Dinner tonight is focused on using up some of the things I had accumulated from our weekly produce baskets the last couple of weeks. I stopped by the store yesterday as well, and they had a pretty good sale on beef roasts, so I bought 3 - one to use tonight, and two to put in the freezer for now. Anyhow, in the crockpot, I have the roast cooking along with a variety of mostly root vegetables (sweet potatoes, onion, turnips, celery, minced garlic, and carrots). I dumped a bottle of Newman's Own balsamic vinaigrette over the top. It is smelling amazing!
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save

Last edited by charla; 10-29-2021 at 08:57 AM.
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (10-29-2021), Vicki_T (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 08:50 AM   #95
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_T View Post
I want to put this on the menu for this week! Do you just put everything in the crockpot - root veggies at the bottom, chicken(?) on top, then balsamic vinegar - any stock?
I used a beef roast, but I think it would work for chicken, too. No stock, just a bottle of balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing. I used a whole bottle on mine, but I probably had a larger roast and more veggies in my crock pot than Charla did, since I am feeding 7 people. I did put my veggies on the bottom and the roast on top for mine, but any way you want to arrange it probably works just fine!
charla (10-29-2021), Hermana Linda (10-31-2021), Vicki_T (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 09:53 AM   #96
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both! I’m definitely going to give it a try
The Following User Says Thank You to Vicki_T For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (10-29-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 05:25 AM   #97
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_T View Post
Thank you both! I’m definitely going to give it a try
It’s in the crockpot now
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vicki_T For This Useful Post:
charla (11-01-2021), graciousmomma (11-01-2021), knitlove (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 06:31 AM   #98
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

fish and rice and salad.

eta: just realized its not Oct anymore. I did ok meal planning. I need to plan and shop for this week. After today I don't have a plan.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 06:54 AM   #99
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy's eaten in the Walmart parking lot as I waited for AAA when my tire blew. Fun times
Pasta tonight
Old 11-01-2021, 08:23 AM   #100
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

November thread is here!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
Hermana Linda (11-01-2021), Vicki_T (11-01-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 11:41 AM   #101
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

I'm late to the party, how long do I cook the crock pot roast? Mine is almost 3 lbs. I'll put it on high so maybe 4-5 hours?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:53 AM   #102
charla
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermana Linda View Post
I'm late to the party, how long do I cook the crock pot roast? Mine is almost 3 lbs. I'll put it on high so maybe 4-5 hours?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I've done roast 4-5 hours on high in the crockpot. It's usually a little tougher though.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 11-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #103
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
I've done roast 4-5 hours on high in the crockpot. It's usually a little tougher though.
I always cook mine on high for 4-5 hours...I am usually not organized enough to get it put in there in enough time to cook it longer. It always seems to come out just fine!
Hermana Linda (11-02-2021)