Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Dessert *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #16
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delicious healthy cookies! GF/DF

I'm glad everyone likes them as much as us!

Before the social distancing, I took them to our weekly brunch group where lots of high sugar treats show up. Everyone loved these so I knew it wasn't just me.

Yesterday I tried some muffins from Running With Spoons. She has a lot of recipes with more nutrient dense ingredients.

My kids really liked these (they are not DF), but I don't advise adding extra chocolate chips to the top, I did and they burned. Also, I doubled the recipe and my food processor was gasping. Next time, I'm still double the recipe but I'll do it in two batches, it blends really quickly.

https://www.runningwithspoons.com/ba...ogurt-muffins/
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 02:26 PM   #17
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

Those muffins look good too. I'll have to hide bananas the next time we get some because they disappear here.
twoplustwo (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #18
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I've started buying massive amounts of bananas to help with the boredom baking.

I normally don't bake much. Lately it's been three times a week. I decided I had to make most of it healthier versions.

When I had all little kids, I used to bake a lot and had a good set of recipes that used mostly whole foods, etc. When life got busier, I hardly baked at all so it didn't matter if I made regular things. This stay home business is kind of like have 3 toddlers and a newborn again. It's strange!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (04-22-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 02:17 PM   #19
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I had to dig up this old thread bc I failed to bookmark the recipe.

This time I doubled the recipe since last time it lasted about a half minute with a regular batch.

I also did dried cherries instead of raisins with the cranberries. Bc ds doesn't like raisins (though will eat in stuff, like did the cookies last time) and I had exactly a 1/2 cup left from almond cherry muffins I did.

Finally, this time I will chill overnight.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #20
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

These cookies went over well in my house today. Super duper easy; only 4 ingredients - oats, bananas, a nut/seed (I used almond butter), and chocolate chips. I made half with chocolate chips and half with raisins.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-06-2020), twoplustwo (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #21
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post

Finally, this time I will chill overnight.
Overnight made a big difference. Much more height on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
These cookies went over well in my house today. Super duper easy; only 4 ingredients - oats, bananas, a nut/seed (I used almond butter), and chocolate chips. I made half with chocolate chips and half with raisins.
I will have to try them. I already made 24 muffins already this week for snacks (lemon blueberry - those are the ravenous monster ds favorite and orange almond- but if I substitute raisins for chocolate chips I too have all the ingredients on hand so can do those without another run to the store.
Also, going to look at her larabar recipe - I love larabars.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
Old 05-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #22
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

I have the dough chilling for the Protein Cookies, so we can finally try them tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:28 PM   #23
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I'm going to make both recipes now and chill for baking tomorrow.

I need to try and make some that aren't "bumpy." My 4-yo asks me to please make "flat cookies, not the bumpy ones." (She wants regular chocoalate chip cookies even though she likes these.) I'm going to try blending the oats to a fine flour, first, and adding chocolate chips without any nuts or fruits. See if she'll go for it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
knitlove (05-08-2020), twoplustwo (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 05:50 PM   #24
twoplustwo

I went to try the 4 ingredient ones and noticed we are down to 1 banana (we had 2 mid day). So itll have to wait.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Old 05-09-2020, 05:06 AM   #25
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
I went to try the 4 ingredient ones and noticed we are down to 1 banana (we had 2 mid day). So itll have to wait.
That's been happening rather often around here, too! (The other day there were two small bunches of bananas - 4 or 5 each - two days later, none! Secunda ate half of those herself )

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (05-09-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 12:36 PM   #26
twoplustwo

Ok, I made the 4 ingredient cookies today. I used raisins rather than choc chips.

I doubled the recipe and the ravenous monsters my family ate them in one sitting. My dd liked them, my ds thought they were ok and dh didn't like them much.
the nice part was we had no muffins out and ds said can we get muffins out of the freezer and I said hold on, I have these cookies I want to make. And soon they were ready to eat.
The bananas could have been a little riper. I got them at the store today and tried to get the ripest ones.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Old 05-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #27
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I made that recipe, too. We liked it but I thought they were a little bland. Then I realized they don't have vanilla. If I make them again, I'll add vanilla.

Tonight I made the other ones, in the first post, but with mini chocolate chips and no cinnamon. Kids loved them. I prefer the regular, with craisins, but these were good and I ate too many of them. But I don't feel icky, which is nice.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:24 AM   #28
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

I made them with caramel extract.

Vanilla has gotten so expensive over the last year or two so I've been experimenting with other flavorings. Caramel is good (it works really well with most nut/seed butters), but I haven't been able to find it recently in a natural version, only imitation. There are plenty of pure extracts at the grocery store, though. I want to try those cookies next with dried apricots, and probably some orange extract/zest. They might even be good with rosemary.

Oh, FYI, the Ocean Spray low-sugar cranberries she linked to in the recipe are sweetened with sucralose (Splenda).

The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (08-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 07:38 AM   #29
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

I was looking for this recipe again because they have been a popular snack for my toddler! The bigger kids don't love them but I like having some options for him that won't disappear in a flash.

He also likes this similar recipe. https://smashedpeasandcarrots.com/gr...cookie-recipe/
twoplustwo (08-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 09:17 AM   #30
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I get affordable vanilla from Azure Standard if you have a drop site near you. I buy the 32 ounce bottle and it's $23.

https://www.azurestandard.com/shop/p...?package=BP341