Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 08-06-2021, 04:42 PM   #16
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: August Dinners

Meatballs and gravy with peas on the side. I am not a fan of cooking so I try to make it as easy as possible. Frozen turkey meatballs cooked with a cup of water and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Add onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Frozen peas in the microwave. Dh said it was yummy.

Yesterday we had chicken stew. Boiled chicken thighs, baby carrots, frozen peas, can of cream of poblano soup, chicken bullion , poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper to taste. Easy peasy.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 06:21 PM   #17
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Whole wheat pasta with pesto and sourdough bread and green salad. Gf pasta for Margaret.

Popsicles for dessert.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:05 PM   #18
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.jaroflemons.com/bbq-chicken-power-bowls/

Dh & I liked them. The kids didn’t like the salad part. It was recommended by my married dd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:26 PM   #19
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Stuffed zucchini. Our garden is once again producing copious amounts of zucchini and I have some leftover rotisserie chicken that just needs a sauce of some sort. (My guess is that whatever I do, the kids will un-stuff the zucchini before eating and I'll have to have another veggie. They think zucchini belongs in bread with lots of chocolate.)

We're supposed to be entering a heat wave the rest of the week, so this is the last night I'm turning on the oven for a few days. I pulled out a freezer meal to put in the crock pot for tomorrow. I hope it's thawed by then!
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
MamaMansa (08-10-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 06:00 PM   #20
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Spaghetti and salad
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:30 PM   #21
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Well today totally got away from me. Mondays I always do a crockpot meal (during school months) because dhs rehearsal schedule means he will be home sometime between 3-4:30 and usually have to leave again by 5/5:30. So having a flexible serving time helps.
Well today with both dh and dd2 away for the days I had plans to put in a roast and get the house cleaned as I've been letting things go waiting for now...
I get home from taking Margaret to school and bringing a breakfast burrito for Cecilia and I to share.. ate it and then fell asleep and didn't wake til like 2:27. �� Mind you I have to leave by 2:50 to pick her up. So yeah meal plans blown, as was my house cleaning. I guess my body needed sleep. Dh came to the rescue and grabbed a pizza and some rolled tacos for Margaret so that was tonights dinner. Lol
Tomorrow we're having garlic lemon shrimp, roasted broccoli and rolls.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:04 PM   #22
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Brown rice and beans in the IP. Was wonderful today. I set it up before heading out and it was ready when I got home. It’s a new recipe and quite yummy. Could be good in a wrap or as a burrito bowl.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
Old 08-10-2021, 02:29 AM   #23
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Falafals.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 05:40 AM   #24
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Lemon chicken in the crockpot and a big salad from the garden!

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
Old 08-10-2021, 05:01 PM   #25
MamaMansa
Deactivated

MamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to all

Is anyone making ground beef recipes they love this month? I have a ton to use up. We’ve been doing loads of chicken this summer, as it’s the favorite protein around here, but I need some ways to use up beef in my freezer.
MamaMansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #26
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

I was planning to make chicken tenders, baked potatoes with whipped feta, and green beans, but the potatoes had gone bad. I'm proud of the meal I came up with on the fly out of my pantry - Greek seasoned chicken tenders in an artichoke, kalamata, and caper lemon butter sauce over feta grits.

Ground beef ideas: meatloaf, meatballs, tacos, spaghetti, stuffed peppers, enchiladas, smothered burritos, Korean beef, pizza, chili, taco salad, burgers.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
MamaMansa (08-10-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 06:25 PM   #27
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

Tonight - pasta and sauce

Ground beef ideas
Shepherds pie
Asian burritos
Beef plov

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
MamaMansa (08-13-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 07:35 PM   #28
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight was an assignment asian-ish noodle dish that I kind of invented as I went along with ground pork, ground turkey, carrots, ginger, fish sauce, water chestnuts, baby corn and rice noodles. I made a sauce with fish sauce, coconut amenios, rice wine vinegar, garlic, honey, flax milk, sunflower butter, sesame oils and a drop or two of seratcha.

Ground beef ideas:
Lasagna
Pasta with meat sauce or meatballs
Biscuits and hamburger gravey
Tacos
Poor man's beef stroganoff
Chili
Dirty rice
Many casirol type things. I grew up with 'jackpot casirol' with ground beef, egg noodles,black olives, cheddar cheese with tomato soup used as a sauce. My husband grew up with one I frogot what they called it with ground beef cream of glop soup ( chick, mushroom exc) crunched up tortilla chips, green chilies, totally tomatoes and toped with cheese.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
MamaMansa (08-13-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 12:43 AM   #29
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

planned shrimp but found out DH was having meeting this evening which he gets fed at. So I made fried egg sandwiches for me and the girls instead.
MamaMansa (08-13-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 04:27 AM   #30
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMansa View Post
Is anyone making ground beef recipes they love this month? I have a ton to use up. We’ve been doing loads of chicken this summer, as it’s the favorite protein around here, but I need some ways to use up beef in my freezer.
I like to make meatballs to freeze for use when I'm short on time. I rarely make less than 4 pounds at a time. For Italian-style meatballs, I bake them (at 375 for 10-14 or so minutes, depending on size) so it's pretty hands off after they are shaped. (And a spring-loaded ice cream/cookie scoop makes things go much faster!)

It seems pretty much every culture has a version. I even found one in the Star Wars cookbook my sister gave me for Christmas! That one is fun - thread meatballs on a skewer with a yeast dough snaking between them and bake. Egyptian Kofta are also on a skewer but grilled.

Also:
Baked Kibbeh
Swedish Meatballs
Salisbury steak
Chili
Asian lettuce wraps
Tacos
Cornish pasties
Empanadas

I was up early this morning, and dinner is done! We're having Muffalettas because it's going into the 90's and I don't want to turn on the oven.

The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
MamaMansa (08-13-2021)