Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 09-04-2021, 09:11 AM   #16
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for shopping hacks

I love love love Aldi but it's a two day drive to the nearest one.

C'mon Aldi, spread and conquer!
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (09-05-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 10:05 AM   #17
deena
Rose Garden

deena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond repute

Latest update:
I cleaned out a section of the basement, put in shelves, made an extensive Walmart pickup order... Then waited two days for it, called and they couldn't find it (maybe, they said, because they are switching to a new system). So I had to cancel it. Cried. DH agreed to go shopping with me, which was so helpful because we could fill two carts and now my basement pantry is full and even though it didn't go smoothly, I do feel like I made a significant dent into this chore and I'm really happy about that.
deena is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deena For This Useful Post:
Close2MyHeart (09-12-2021), FlyingBlueKiwi (09-09-2021), graciousmomma (09-10-2021), KarenBoo (09-09-2021), kiloyd (09-09-2021), knitlove (09-09-2021), Maedchen (09-09-2021), Quiteria (09-09-2021), SewingGreenMama (09-09-2021), Singingmom (09-09-2021)
The Following User Says they are praying for deena:
Singingmom (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 05:44 PM   #18
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

I’m glad you got your pantry filled!

When I read your post a few days ago, I nodded along and thought about how I have friends who like Walmart delivery for groceries. Then yesterday I went to Walmart for the first time in a long time, and I have to say I’m not surprised your order was messed up. There were so many empty sections...juice, water, nail care, I forget what else, and the only employee I saw until I checked out was the one at the entrance who told me to put a mask on. Every other grocery store I have nearby (and I have a lot) is stocked and staffed better. Of course things may be different in your city, but I was amazed.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
Maedchen (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #19
kiloyd
Rose Garden

kiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have an Aldi nearby? I can shop pretty fast there and get most of the things I need.
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
kiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:24 PM   #20
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry your experience was not good. When we order, we have to sign up for a specific time slot. I couldn't imagine waiting two days.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:58 PM   #21
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singingmom View Post

When I read your post a few days ago, I nodded along and thought about how I have friends who like Walmart delivery for groceries. Then yesterday I went to Walmart for the first time in a long time, and I have to say I’m not surprised your order was messed up. There were so many empty sections...juice, water, nail care, I forget what else, and the only employee I saw until I checked out was the one at the entrance who told me to put a mask on. Every other grocery store I have nearby (and I have a lot) is stocked and staffed better. Of course things may be different in your city, but I was amazed.
Whoa. Not like that at all where I shop. I switched to WalMart for my main grocery shopping about a month ago.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (09-13-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 11:38 AM   #22
deena
Rose Garden

deena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singingmom View Post

I had a very similar experience a few weeks ago. I said to dh that it felt like walking through one of those sad stores that was on its way out of business like Sears. Very eerie. Back in rural Maine it was fine but here in the more big-city area its not, I wonder if that's the difference. Fascinating to watch though. Kind of like when Barnes and Noble put small bookstores out of business and then Amazon squashed them.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:28 PM   #23
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I didn't think also, not sure where you are but if you're anywhere close to a more rural area, if you contact a meet processor they sometimes have people who don't pick up their meat and you can buy discount from them. There are also programs through the department of natural resources, they give away meat that was confiscated from people hunting illegally. If you eat meat, that would take care of a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marbles For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (09-22-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 11:17 AM   #24
deena
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles View Post
Oh I didn't think also, not sure where you are but if you're anywhere close to a more rural area, if you contact a meet processor they sometimes have people who don't pick up their meat and you can buy discount from them. There are also programs through the department of natural resources, they give away meat that was confiscated from people hunting illegally. If you eat meat, that would take care of a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow! That's neat! Next time we move rural I will check that out.
The Following User Says Thank You to deena For This Useful Post:
kiloyd (09-16-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 11:15 AM   #25
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deena View Post
I had a very similar experience a few weeks ago. I said to dh that it felt like walking through one of those sad stores that was on its way out of business like Sears. Very eerie. Back in rural Maine it was fine but here in the more big-city area its not, I wonder if that's the difference. Fascinating to watch though. Kind of like when Barnes and Noble put small bookstores out of business and then Amazon squashed them.
I was thinking this recently as well except Walmart’s here are super well stocked except groceries

Around here it’s local grocery stores like Woodmans who are taking business from Walmart so that part is interesting... relatively small businesses

I *think* in my city Walmart is most easily accessible for groceries and a one stop shop. You could go ONLY to Walmart and ONE stop and get everything you need for your house bodies and food. So when the panic about stockpiling hits people go to Walmart first. The barest shelves I’ve ever seen were at Walmart. Add in an employee shortage everywhere and you have an appearance of a sad store.

We’ve not seen actual shortages here, just places that don’t have things in stock other stores do. Which means we must choose between eating something else and making a second and sometimes 3rd stop.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
deena (09-22-2021), Singingmom (09-20-2021)