Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 01-05-2022, 02:33 PM   #16
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January dinners

I have the cakes, GF and sugar-free and regular baked. Now what to make for dinner!
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (01-05-2022), The Tickle Momster (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 07:52 PM   #17
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Dentist just ended up giving her some antibiotics. We're hoping it will help enough so the tooth under has time to grow more before removing the bad baby tooth to avoid more complicated procedures.
We ended up just grabbing pizza that night. Tonight we had chili and cornbread tonight.
graciousmomma (01-07-2022), Vicki_T (01-07-2022)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for milkmommy:
ECingMama (01-05-2022), graciousmomma (01-07-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 08:50 PM   #18
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

We had Costco potstickers (or something like that) cooked in the air fryer. They were better without oil added. Then the cakes!

I'm on a $100 a week grocery store challenge. I want to eat all the meat we have in the freezer and use some pantry staples I have in larger quantities than I'd like to have. I hid the apples I bought because I'd like to have fruit left near the end of the shopping week.
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (01-07-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 09:42 PM   #19
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight that was supposed to be a quick but special celebration of the girls finishing math curriculum ( wiggle worm finished all miquion, and early bird finished all of mammoth) turned in to a bit of fiasco. The plan was to pick up brisket from our favorite restaurant ( that is 40 min away but only 10 min from where I work Wednesday afternoon). Well that place was closed due to covid staffing issues. So I started looking for places that I could buy brisket. I find one but can't get there allergy menus to load on my phone. This places is a bit out of the way but generally on the way home. So I show up there and then try to have a conversation about wheather we can actually be eat it, at that point the webpage loads. The information that the people in the store are telling me doesn't line up with what is on the webpage. I ended up getting chicken for dh and ww. I get home and toss together the potato salid ( I had cooked the potatoes and bacon last night), warm up the chicken and brisket.

It was the most disappointing brisket I have ever had. More so than even the one I had in NYC, that I nearly started crying over.

Early bird agreed it was kind of horrable but she didn't freak out and scream or anything so right now I am going to call that a win.

I am neaver again going to plan on being able to pick up part of dinner. I might see if I can do it but I will not plan for it ahead of time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2022, 09:46 PM   #20
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
Tonight that was supposed to be a quick but special celebration of the girls finishing math curriculum ( wiggle worm finished all miquion, and early bird finished all of mammoth) turned in to a bit of fiasco. The plan was to pick up brisket from our favorite restaurant ( that is 40 min away but only 10 min from where I work Wednesday afternoon). Well that place was closed due to covid staffing issues. So I started looking for places that I could buy brisket. I find one but can't get there allergy menus to load on my phone. This places is a bit out of the way but generally on the way home. So I show up there and then try to have a conversation about wheather we can actually be eat it, at that point the webpage loads. The information that the people in the store are telling me doesn't line up with what is on the webpage. I ended up getting chicken for dh and ww. I get home and toss together the potato salid ( I had cooked the potatoes and bacon last night), warm up the chicken and brisket.

It was the most disappointing brisket I have ever had. More so than even the one I had in NYC, that I nearly started crying over.

Early bird agreed it was kind of horrable but she didn't freak out and scream or anything so right now I am going to call that a win.

I am neaver again going to plan on being able to pick up part of dinner. I might see if I can do it but I will not plan for it ahead of time.

I'm sorry! That is so frustrating!

We had a creamy shrimp dish with grape tomatoes, spinach, and zoodles. Recipe from the Mealtime app. It was really good but I'm hungry now! It didn't have any starches. My husband said it tasted healthy but he liked it so that's a win.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2022, 10:56 AM   #21
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed last night that our freezer downstairs is getting pretty full, and I need to start using some stuff up. It's an old freezer, we got it from dh's grandma years and years ago. It's probably from the 70's. But we keep using it because it just keeps on trucking! Anyhow, I went down there this morning and noticed there was a small leak (it's on a cement floor next to a drain in the basement, so not a big deal that way). Everything still seems frozen in there, but dh took a look, and the compressor is shot. So, we will be looking for a new freezer probably today. Long story, I know...

Anyhow, I grabbed two of my smaller beef roasts from the freezer to put in the crockpot. I also needed to clear out some veggies, because we are getting our weekly fresh organic produce basket later today. I had small bag of purple fingerling potatoes, a small bag of baby rainbow carrots, and some brussels sprouts that I threw in. Dinner is totally an experiment tonight. I was out of my regular Italian or balsamic dressings to pour over the top to flavor it, so I got very experimental. I had an almost empty jar of pickles, so I took the pickle juice, and mixed some beef bouillon in, and dumped it over the top of everything. I really like pickles, and so does everyone else in the family that actually eats at home, so hopefully it's decent? I have no idea, but I am a little worried about it! When dh came into the kitchen and I told him about it, he said I made a face like I was disgusted with the whole thing when I was telling him about it. Mostly just worried that it will be weird! He thinks it will be fine - at least he has faith in it!

Also, it seems like half the time whenever I actually post in these threads, I am making a roast in the crockpot. It's probably because those are the days I actually have time to make something like that, and have time to post about it.
charla (01-08-2022), ECingMama (01-07-2022), twoplustwo (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 11:20 AM   #22
ECingMama
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciousmomma View Post

Also, it seems like half the time whenever I actually post in these threads, I am making a roast in the crockpot. It's probably because those are the days I actually have time to make something like that, and have time to post about it.
I'm here to say we had chili and rice last night....

I guess we just eat it all.the.time. Thankfully everyone EATS it when I serve it.

I need to use the meat we have in our freezer too.
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2022, 09:17 AM   #23
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I made a broccoli cheese type soup but threw in some older veggies (carrots, onions, celery, potatoes) and some deli ham that needed to be used. It was really good. I served it with frozen biscuits.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
ECingMama (01-11-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 10:19 PM   #24
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I made a cabbage soup with some ground turkey. I planned to pickup a nice loaf of bread to have with it but our store was completely sold out.
ECingMama (01-11-2022), heartofjoy (01-09-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 07:28 PM   #25
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

The grocery store was a madhouse yesterday when I went shopping! The storm that tied up I-95 last week apparently did a number on the supply lines and they had NO fresh chicken in the cases. We've been out of town and while I have plenty of food in the freezer, I had nothing fresh. I had to cook from frozen last night and tonight. So thankful I have an Instant Pot! And this cookbook has been uber helpful. The timing charts alone were worth it and we've liked most of the recipes we've tried.

Monday we had lemon chicken, steamed broccoli, and rice. Tonight I made a Mississippi Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, peas, and green peppers.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 10:22 PM   #26
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Buffalo chicken salad
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:28 PM   #27
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Tonight we did lentil tacos and melon
haven't decided on tomorrow. It will be my birthday so I'll probably order something.
knitlove (01-11-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 03:29 AM   #28
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Falafals - I made a big batch so we can put some extra balls on salads this week - thats a huge hit. but the big news is I meal planned for the rest of the week.

Today I am starting a new bible study. Im just not very good at getting to that Thur nite one. Its 430-530. So today Ill come home and make salads to go with leftovers and then leave again.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:13 PM   #29
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Gf homemade pizza
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:20 PM   #30
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight way tacos.

I need to make falafel again a d see what the girls think now

How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote