Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 05-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #106
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation
Default Re: Diatomacious Earth ( DE ) thread :)

taking it everyday would just depend on the person, i dont think there's anything wrong with doing that if it keeps their health moving forward. they give it to animals everyday because they need it. if i had outside pets i would take it everyday too. i have learned that my body right now, for whatever reason, is susceptible. so i would be proactive.

the growing pains is a tricky question. i cant really be certain. my kids r off the charts for height, it would be reasonable to say they are truly growing pains. BUT from my experience, they go away with de. and while they are starting the de, they are eased with a warm rice sock and oregano oil. if it were growing pains i would think they would remain as they grew. My personal opinion is growing pains is a term we coined because we didnt know how to make them stop. I dont know which causes the pain but i do know that it isnt necessary for a child to go through childhood with growing pains. As my kids continue to grow, whenever they complain of growing pains a little de and its gone.
I cant really say if its the parasites causing it or the lack of nutrients because of the parasites or a mineral deficiency, i dont know....i remember how bad i use to get them as a child and they are no joke
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013)
Old 05-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #107
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
.i remember how bad i use to get them as a child and they are no joke
I had them too, I remember sitting with my legs in my mom's lap, just MOANING from the pain.

I was thinking that when we start homesteading and have livestock and outside pets we'd all take de every day. For now, it makes sense for us to take it in the summer as we swim in lakes, play in sand, and do gardening.

AFA what we've noticed since we've started--Fiona is no longer constipated, she goes every day and w/o pain. The rest of us are just "going" more. Within about 30 minutes of my taking it, I feel tingling in my sinus cavities. DH noticed it too. Cool.

Oh, and we all like it. Fiona didn't like it the first 2 days but by day 3 she takes if from a dropper w/o any trouble. I don't think she'd drink it from a glass, but she'll take it from a dropper. Now we just have to get the cats to take it . . .
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #108
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have any kind of broth, just mix some DE in and pour it over the cat food.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
me (05-25-2010), Soliloquy (05-21-2010)
Old 05-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #109
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have been taking it for about a month I think. I haven't really noticed anything different. I don't know if I am not observant or just not much going on. If anything I am struggling more with constipation then normal...and I drink a lot of water.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #110
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished reading this thread. Someone suggested de for warts. We have a household full of them. I'd love more info.

I'm about to go read the links.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #111
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Justice passed parasites in his diaper yesterday morning. It just broke my heart to think he had them but at the same time I am so thankful I'm giving him the de because now they're OUT. He's EBF, he's never even been on the floor, I'm not kidding. He must've got them in utereo from me.

anyway, all the kids love it now. Tonight, I said to Simon, "Here's your de, please drink it." he replied, "Thanks mom!!" Fiona said, "more please!" when she was done.

Justice isn't thrilled about it but doesn't seem to hate it, either.

Dh mixes his into homemade egg nog.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013)
Old 05-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #112
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Poor little guy.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #113
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster View Post
Just finished reading this thread. Someone suggested de for warts. We have a household full of them. I'd love more info.

Crystal's Shalmotion cream is really good for warts...got rid of them on L.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
The Following User Says Thank You to cobluegirl For This Useful Post:
sweetpeasmommy (05-25-2010)
Old 05-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #114
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl View Post
Crystal's Shalmotion cream is really good for warts...got rid of them on L.
tried that. Got no where. Still have some. wonder if it will work on the smallest of the warts. They are still appearing.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #115
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

weird.... sorry to hear that.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 05-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #116
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl View Post
I have been taking it for about a month I think. I haven't really noticed anything different. I don't know if I am not observant or just not much going on. If anything I am struggling more with constipation then normal...and I drink a lot of water.
any possibility of yeast? If you arent having regular bowel movements you need to stop taking it. what happened when you took clay? Get things moving then start taking de again. to me that is a clear sign that you really need them. i have some thoughts but would want to share privately. You can message me on fb or here if you wanted

Quote:

That is a situation where i would go at them with clay and de. Clay would get rid of them topically but im guessing they would come back unless you were also taking the de.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
Justice passed parasites in his diaper yesterday morning. It just broke my heart to think he had them but at the same time I am so thankful I'm giving him the de because now they're OUT. He's EBF, he's never even been on the floor, I'm not kidding. He must've got them in utereo from me.
poor baby. just imagine how much better he will be able to take in ALL his nutrients now. And be able to fight anything he might come across later. Parasites are everywhere on pretty much anything and even in the drinking water. More and more im starting to think that our society and just the way we live and eat creates an environment where they thrive. cleansing our children isnt just momentary, its actually setting their health up for the future

Quote:
tried that. Got no where. Still have some. wonder if it will work on the smallest of the warts. They are still appearing.
You could remove them topically with clay and take the de to keep them from reappearing. The clay would get them off much faster than waiting for the de. Have you tried the old duct tape trick to get them off first? I hear it works really well. One of my kids use to have a wart come out here and there on her fingers but they would always go away on their own as we were taking either clay or de. Just recently she had one pop out and she applied clay, let it dry, reapplied...she did that four times and it was gone. we are in the middle of our de cleanse though which might be why it was gone within the hour.
Me on the other hand :/ I have always had things on my hands. Eczema, age spots, warts, watery looking moles, calcium thing on my wrist, carpel, ummm a cyst...you name it...Things got better with clay but the de has really made the difference. Its taking a while though. Im starting to retrace all the things wrong with my hands. Im back at the part where i use to get what i think are warts? they are clear little bumps that sometimes one can barely see but you can feel just beneath the skin. I had this problem when i was much younger and its returned during this cleanse. But i know its just my body getting at where it must have been hiding all along as an adult. I havent put anything on them because they have been so small and they go away quickly. but there is this one that im gonna have to cover with clay and a bandaid. if you start taking de to get rid of them, stick with it, it will work itself out.

One of the reasons i love taking clay and de is because it unravels the ball slowly and carefully. Gives your body time to readjust itself slowly like it should. then we arent replacing one problem for another, never really getting rid of the initial problem,kwim? thats what i had been doing my entire life. im finally at a place with my health where im at peace while i heal. ive been able to go down from a 40 waist to a 31/33ish while using de. at the same time i can feel my health getting better and better, which is something i never felt when i use to try and loose weight before
I wanted to mention something else about de. my husband had really bad cholesterol and had gone in for 3d imaging of his heart where they found plaque in his aorta. He had an allergic reaction to meds so he stopped taking meds. I can get him to take clay and de maybe 4 times a month at the most when he chokes down a green smoothie or i add it to a bit of grapefruit juice. Even with just that he recently had his cholesterol checked and it was normal!!! he doesnt eat breakfast or lunch at home, he still eats just like he did. and he doesnt excersise. he is a ball of stress from work. despite all that, the ONLY thing he has changed is the de/clay in his diet, his cholesterol is now normal
Oh! i also wanted to mention about probiotics and de. When i was giving the clay and de to my then 4 month old. she was ebf. She was born with the healthy yellow poo,lol..it was no longer healthy right before i gave her clay. the clay brought it back to the bright healthy yellow. But when i didnt give it to her it would go back to unhealthy. Once we did the 90 day de cleanse it went back to yellow and stayed yellow. I wasnt supplementing with probiotics. I would take clay as needed but no longer took probiotics. and she didnt take any probiotics either. I had tried that with her before the clay and they didnt work on her either. I have a rather extreme belief but its my belief none the less,lol...that if clay adsorbs a supplement from your body then you really shouldnt be taking it. It recognizes what your body needs and doesnt need. It brings a healthy balance. If you then take de and it "scrubs" your pipes,lol...and removes everything good and bad then was it really good in the first place? Was it there because you were healthy and it took or was it there because it was just passing through? When my baby's gut was healthy, truly healthy, and not supplementing to remain healthy, the de got out what it needed to get out and kept in what it needed to keep in there. She did 90 days of de with bright healthy yellow baby poo

I have a question for you guys? i just started looking to see if de has iodine? i was reading on line at healthworks, the testing sheets. it doesnt say I for iodine, does that mean there is no trace of iodine in it? I was just wondering since we dont use table salt. we use himilayan salt with the natural iodine left in. And since its mostly found in the sea i was wondering if there would be any left in the de?hmmmmm
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013), Taedareth (06-22-2010), The Tickle Momster (05-25-2010)
Old 05-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #117
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

hi, i'm back.

ok, so we finally got the proper de. i'm so happy it was a 10 # bag from permaguard. it was bigger than i thought it would be.

so, how would i give it to anya? how much do you think?
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #118
homesteadmama
Rose Trellis

homesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond repute

I'd start with like 1/2 tsp, and work up to a tsp. I give it to my kids in a banana/ raw milk smoothie, and they can't detect it.

Sarah, INFJ
Wife to M since 1/04
Mommy to S (1/07), W (1/09), S (1/11)~My UC baby, and A (12/14), Another UC baby
, Baby-Wearing, , Cloth Diapering, , Traditional Foods Family
My blog
homesteadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #119
TuneMyHeart
Rose Garden

Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above.

TuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read the thread yet. But can someone tell me if $12 for 3 gallons of food-grade DE is a good deal? Our milk/egg man is selling it now.
TuneMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #120
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

I think that sounds like a good deal....

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The Following User Says Thank You to cobluegirl For This Useful Post:
TuneMyHeart (05-28-2010)