Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* A public forum.
GCM Webpage: Attachment and Natural Parenting

Old 05-10-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default taking our "new" diet on the road...

So we leave tomorrow (or as its past midnight in about 10 hours) I want to stay as "close" to clean(er) foods as we can.. Were going to Sandiego first and spending the day at the beach and staying over night at a local hotel. Monday we head over to Anaheim and we will be at the parks on Tuesday-Thursday and we head home Friday..

Our general plans

1) bringing our own food for Sunday to have at the beach and latter at the hotel
2) hotel staying near disneyland provides breakfast I doubt it will be all that "ideal" but with cost a big factor I'll let that one go. We are staying at a quality inn which lists breakfast as "expanded Continental so I expect carby stuff.. IF they carry oatmeal though we can still stay pretty okay if not well
3) we will brings our own snacks into the park and on Wednesday/Thursday light lunches as well. Cecilia will be in her classes on those days so I'll need to provide a light lunch. We will likely purchase one meal each day in the park. Partly just o have the sit down break and its just all part of the experience. For those meals I'll just be as careful as we can with out totally blowing our budget.

So bringing for the beach and for snacks during the week... I was careful only to get what I knew the girls would eat. This is not the time to waste food..

celery sticks
baby carrots
bananas
snack packs of apple slices and grapes
plantain chips
tates bake shop gluten free chocolate chips
Emerald Cocoa Roast almonds
Sargento colby jack cheese sticks
vita coco fruit punch water (to give an occasional little change from plain water)
I made 3 almond butter and honey sandwiches on udias gluten free white bread.. Which I think tastes pretty much like nothing but the girls seem to like it fine so I'm calling it good
three ham with buttered bread
two ham provolone and mustard

Were traveling with another mama and her two kids ages 8 and 12. While we will bring seperate food I'm cool with sharing so I tried to make account for that. Though I expect our foods will be quite different from them.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #2
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taking our "new" diet on the road...

Stealing this list for all the traveling I'm doing this summer. It is SO hard to stick to dietary restrictions while traveling! At least for me it is. Great list of snacks! Thank you for sharing!
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #3
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Disney is supposed to be amazing for dietary stuff. I had to bring a letter to 6 flags to be allowed to bring C's food. But even then I had to pay $20 for a locker to store it. Which I couldn't have bought foods he couldn't have for that price and they had not a thing he could have. It was $10 for a funnel cake, which I really wanted but not $10 worth lol. Does Disney allow bringing food into the park?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Can I bring my own food into theme parks and Disney Resort hotels?
A.
Guests are allowed to bring food items—such as snacks or foods that do not require heating—into Disney theme parks. Inform a Security Cast Member of any food items when you enter the park.

from Disney's official site
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
sweetpeasmommy (05-11-2015)
Old 05-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #5
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can bring in food. So far we've been ad to stick pretty close nothing perfect but overall decent. Of course we haven't gone into the park yet.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #6
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

Lara bars are real food and yummy. Especially the ones with chocolate. They are pricey, though.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
squiddles (05-11-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #7
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

we are back!

The girls had a blast! It rained on us the entire third day but it also meant their was like almost no one around. ( which I found really strange it wasn't like pouring mostly just drizzling) but it meant the girls could go on rides 4-5 times with almost no line waiting. Margaret got to meet several of the princess including Anna and Elsa which had 4 hour long lines when we went with my parents last Summer.. Mary Poppins and Burt took her for a walk through Main street which totaly made her day.
Diet wise I'd say we did pretty well not perfect but not too bad.
Breakfast was the hardest we stayed at a hotel with "free" breakfast but it was pretty much void of anything we really "could" have except fruit. I bought us a box of honey nut Chex at target though so we had something... and when they asked to make waffles I said yes (I figured we'd me doing a lot of walking and such so I'd just let that go)
I brought enough stuff so we had at least the main food needs covered on our own. I sent the girls into the park with sandwiches (gmo free whole grain bread almond butter banana and honey for Margaret and Turkey with cheddar lettuce tomato for Cecilia (And which ever I felt like for me) some fresh fruit and cut up carrots water bottles then a few "snacks" cheese sticks some 100 calorie packs of nuts etc..

That food seemed to tie them over till about 4pm when I bought each a power pack meal from one of the vendors (which honestly Cecilia was happier with then some of the pricer stuff)

Each was a bit different but I think for park food was overall pretty decent though not as "grain and gluten free" as I'd might like (though they did have options to make them more so for a price)

One I think had
strawberry Dannon yogurt, a banana apple slices, carrots, a cheese stick, and fish crackers

day 2 we found one that had some turkey and american cheese wraps (spinach leaf wrapped) the same apples yogurt and carrots but these had a "cookie" bar instead of the crackers.

last day we did diner at the Carnation cafe they were able to modify they kids chicken fried chicken platter for the girls actually they modified an adults version and split it between the girls which saved me about $7 they did a pan seared breast instead but did traditional (but kept it gluten free) mashed potatoes broccoli (they did steamed carrots for Cecilia) and basic green salad and some fresh fruit. and the girls had vanillia ice cream for dessert that day.

I also let the girls pick one "treat" to share each day we were at the park. They did dole whip drinks the first day *well I that day we did our own) regular popcorn day two and Kettle corn the last day.

SO they still got PLENTY of "fun" even junk food but overall I'd say we did pretty well. It wasn't always easy for the girls as we were with another family whose kids were spending the day eatting pizza chicken nuggets chips and icecream.

My kids out lasted them though as they weren't totally dragged down with heavy foods.
Love_Is_Patient (05-17-2015), MariJo7 (05-17-2015), OnAMission (05-16-2015), sweetpeasmommy (05-16-2015)